It is with regret that I have been advised the Department of Education has withdrawn approval for school camps or visits to go ahead at the Outdoor Education NSW – The Mountains 2154 Wisemans Ferry Road Mangrove Mountain because of health and safety concerns. This advice was provided yesterday and is effective immediately.
This will mean that the scheduled camp for year 7 Week 3 Term 2, May 3 - 5 has now been cancelled. I am not aware of the details surrounding this decision but assured the Department is working to assess the issues to resolve the health and safety concerns.
All families will get a refund, and this will be our priority to action this as soon as we return next term. I realise how disappointing this is for our students and staff who have worked hard to develop a wonderful program.
The School will investigate whether it is possible to reschedule the camp later in the year or to another venue. I will keep you informed of any further updates of this possibility.
I sincerely apologise for this cancelation and hope we can deliver on a similar experience at a later date for your children.
Our focus will always be the safety and wellbeing of our students.